Monday, April 5, 2010

I hate weather.com and what else?

I gotta stop looking at the 10 day forecast for Islamorada.  Every day I look, it changes from sunny to rainy to snowy (not really!) or whatever.  Maybe when I get there I'll look up with my mouth open and if it fills with water and not beer then it will be raining.  On a saner note, I did get my bonefish line today.  So I took it and my reel and went to Bass Pro where I asked for 200 yds of 20# backing (since they backordered the one I mail ordered) and the guy proceeded to put only 100 yards and tell me that that was plenty.  It looks OK but the reel is not as full as I would like it, so when my backing comes in, I'll change it to the 200 yds Lamson and the good Lord say that it will hold.  I hope the bonefish don't mind and eat my fly anyway.

Went fishing Friday with my new(used) Sage rod.  It looks like new and casts real sweet.  Caught a sunburn and a bunch of small bass.  One of my fishing buddies nailed a 5 pound bass so I know I''ll be going back to that lake.

Started packing for my trip.  Don't know how I am going to fill the body bag (actually a 42"long gear bag) I got but I can always stuff a sleeping bag in it so it will take up space and won't add a ton of weight.  This thing is so big I already have three rods, 3 reels, a bunch of fly boxes, waist pack and a bunch of leaders and crap and it has not made a dent.  I don't have enough clothes to fill it so the sleeping bag may do the trick.  Talked to son-in-law last night and he is getting real exited also.  We are going to have a blast.

Keep your lines tight,
LSU flyfisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment