Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chasing an 8 wt rod and other spring rites before Long Key adventure.

Need one more 8wt for the trip so I do what all other sane (or insane?) fly fishers do - try to chase one on E-bay, which is what everyone else is also doing in preparation for salt water spring rites.  It is frustrating as hell  thinking I have the rod to see it get away by someone using some kind of snipe program.  Whoever invented those should get as punishment and endless number of people cutting in from of him (or her) in the line to the pearly gates so everytime he/she she thinks is getting in, someone else gets it.  So to vent my frustration, and also since it is raining in Memphis and can't do yard work, I decided to tie some more bonefish flies I picked up from the latest FFSW magazine.  Then switched to tying some leech looking flies in preparation for spring smallies that know it is time to get frisky.  I'll post my files on my facebook page once I figure how to do the macro thing with my camera.  Did manage also to switch reservations and got a full 6 day campsite so we would not have to move on Friday and loose time on the salt.  Rob, if you are out there, let me know if you still plan to make it to Long Key in April.  Just hope for good weather (no rain) and hungry bones on the flats. Oh yeah, now I have a tent and 2 sleeping bags in Miami, things are looking up.  Still need the hot plate for Cuban cofee but I figure Wal Mart will help with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment