Monday, November 23, 2009

Long Key in April, can Cuban coffee be far away?

Just reserved a spot on Long Key for what may be my first encounter with a bonefish.  Now all I have to do is get a tent, camping gear and tie a bunch of flies that the critters may or may not like.  Luck has it that Rob, who is indirectly responsible for this madness by interviewing Fly Fish Chick, will also be there to guide this trout bum in the fine art of chasing/spooking bonefish on the flats.  Maybe I can wrangle a kayak (too far to bring mine plus it will not fit on the overhead compartment) so I can get around with some added mobility.  There is something about the sea that brings this island boy to his roots and can't wait to hit Miami, Cuban food and then head for Nirvanna on Long Key.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe Cuban Coffee....but lucky for you, Rob with a French Press is closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, I am coming from Miami, I'll bring my can of Bustelo coffee and my mother's 8 cup Mocha express maker and I am set, but not to offend, I'll try french press coffe anytime as long as it is strong and black.

    ReplyDelete